MENU

Flavor Focus: The Crema Café

Vanilla yoghurt with granola and fresh fruit.

Cecilie Harry

Cecilie Harry

If you are looking for a delicious start on a sunny day the Crema Café is the place to go!

This breakfast and lunch only café is located in beautiful downtown Seal Beach on Main Street. You can enjoy your meal inside or outside on the cozy patio, if you’re able to find a spot in the busy café.

A friend and I ordered vanilla yoghurt with granola and fresh fruit, a whole-wheat blueberry pancake and chai latte.

The vanilla yoghurt was simple and delicious; the granola was almost caramelized and gave a sweet contrast to the fresh fruit. The whole-wheat blueberry pancake was huge, moist and thick. It was served with fresh blueberries and cream. The chai latte was a perfect compliment to the dishes, not too sweet.

The patio was packed with businessmen enjoying coffee, several bike enthusiasts eating brunch and older couples relaxing in the sun with pancakes and eggs. Dogs are welcome on the patio as well, and one of the guests had brought her furry little friend in a leash.

The Crema Café also has a bakery next door, where bread and pastries are baked daily. Therefore the bread served in the café is fresh from the oven.

The Crema Café offers a large breakfast and lunch menu including Crepes, Waffles, Eggs, Omelets, Bagels and Salads. The Eggs Benedict with salmon is also highly recommendable!

There is no waiter taking your orders, guests have to order inside the café at the counter and pay right away. But the staff is friendly and cleans the tables quickly, so the next guests waiting can get a spot.

The toilet facilities could be a lot better. There is only one toilet at the café, and it is placed in the back. Overall, that is the only remotely negative thing I can say about this café. Otherwise, I would love to go back.