“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” is a mediocre movie

Originating as a comic book, the Ninja Turtles mutated into a cartoon series and a barrage of video games, toys and movies.

The beloved franchise has been rebooted on the big screen, and the latest installment is a blend of science fiction, action and comedy; unfortunately, the film will mostly appeal to children.

Visually, the “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle” is entertaining because the fighting sequences throughout are filled with intense and explosive action.

However, while the action sequences may hold the viewers’ attention, they are often long and feel repetitive. The scenes are fast-paced, which lead to dizziness that may overwhelming the viewer.

Shredder (Tohoru Masamune) and his evil criminal organization Foot Clan try to take over New York City.

The turtles, who emerged from the sewers, Raphael (Alan Ritchson), Donatello (Jeremy Howard), Leonardo (Pete Ploszek),  Michelangelo (Noel Fisher), a reporter April O’Neil (Megan Fox) and cameraman Vernon Fenwick (Will Arnett) try to save the city and get to the bottom of Shredder’s plan.

The turtles look lifelike and real. The turtles reinforce the importance of teamwork and brotherhood. They are trained by a rat sensei Master Splinter (Danny Woodburn) to fight Shredder.

Shredder and the Foot Clan minions try to use a mutagen in the Splinter and the turtles’ to spread a deadly virus throughout New York.

If you like cheesy humor, or if you’re a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan, you will have a lot of fun.

Some of the best moments of the movie are the humorous ones, including one when the turtles beatbox in an elevator.

However, it is not good enough to make a crowd rush to the movie theatre and may not fulfill one’s expectations. You may want to consider renting the movie instead.

The film is more reminiscent of an episode of television and could easily be condensed by eliminating some of the action scenes that are too long.

Overall, the plot doesn’t have enough depth, and while at times it is satisfying, it does not pack enough punch to resonate or create memorable shakes