Pepper, The Dirty Heads to headline Shoreline Jam Festival 2014

As the deep blue of the midday sky gave way to dusk, the grass was covered by blankets and reggae fans, the air was thickened by the fragrance of reggae music and the Queen Mary was the majestic backdrop to it all.

These are the images that permeated last year’s Shoreline Jam reggae festival at the Queen Mary Waterfront Events Park. This year, the event is stretched across the Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

Pepper and The Dirty Heads will headline the 4th annual Shoreline Jam festival set to take place on Aug. 30 – 31.

Another group headlining the event includes J Boog, one of the opening artists for last year’s festival. Big performances include Collie Buddz, The Grouch & Eligh, and Brewfish

The Funk Fest will take place on Monday, Sep. 1, inviting Long Beach locals down to the harbor for their Labor Day off work.

The festival does not only celebrate funky music, but also live art, dance and a zone just for kids.

Three stages will be erected at the Queen Mary Waterfront Events Park to feature Funk artists including Delta Nove, Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe and Katdelic.

Both events are all-ages. Passes are sold for one-day at either the Shoreline Jam or the Funk Fest, two-day for the Shoreline Jam or three-day for both festivals. VIP passes are also available.