Psychology building to host haunted asylum

The Psychology building will transform into a haunted scare zone with an asylum-themed haunted house on the third floor on Wednesday.

Cal State Long Beach’s Psychology Student Association (PSA) and International Honor Society in Psychology (Psi Chi) collaborated to display the school’s first charitable Psych Asylum on Oct. 26, from 5 to 10 p.m.

The asylum will be in Room 332, beginning as a haunted maze that directs participants in and out of various rooms and hideaways. 

With spooks and horror, the faux-asylum will set the mood for the upcoming Halloween and Dia de los Muertos holidays.

The attraction is open to anyone with a minimum $3 donation to 4 Paws for Ability, a nonprofit agency that provides assistance dogs to people with disabilities.

Psi Chi President Kaitlyn House said the event would be scary, as well as a lot of fun.

“Depending on the outcome, we hope to make this event annual to have a yearly event in the fall,” House said.

The PSA and Psi Chi have held an annual Psych Day in the spring for almost 40 years.

As a warning to any students attending class at this time, House said the Psychology building quad will be swarming with ghouls and creatures ready to scare.