Blotter: Male student assaulted by former friend

A Cal State Long Beach student plans to press charges against a former friend who choked him in Peterson Hall 2 at 11:50 a.m. on Tuesday, according to University Police Sgt. Christopher Schivley. The victim pursued the suspect in the hallway, hoping to reconcile their relationship and was then choked and threatened by the suspect, Schivley said. The suspect shouted, “If I see you in Saudi, I will kill you and put you under the ground,” Schivley said. The investigation is still pending, but officers plan to issue a warrant for the suspect within a few days, Schivley said. 

Baby ducks rescued by students

A group of baby ducks almost died before a group of students rescued the ducks from the channel by Brotman Hall, Schivley said. The students were able to capture all of the ducks and then place them in a box until Animal Control arrived at the campus police station, Schivley said.

Stolen Honda Civic found in South Los Angeles

The California Highway Patrol found a stolen Honda Civic with no visible damage in South Los Angeles at 2 p.m. on Monday, according to Schivley. The car was stolen earlier that morning from Parking Structure 1 and belonged to a male student who was in class during the time of the theft, Schivley said.

Music performance on campus disturbs professor

A professor contacted University Police on Tuesday, complaining that the musical performance on the grass area near the Psychology building was bothering him, according to Schivley. The performers had permission to be on campus from Student Life and Development and continued playing, Schivley said. No violation was issued.

$2,500 GT Pro Rival stolen from bike rack

A black and white GT Pro Rival bike was stolen from the bike rack near the Kinesiology building Wednesday morning, according to Schivley. The bike was secured by a cable lock that was cut, Schivley said.