Federal, state officials to host heath care town hall forum at CSULB

Correction: This article clarifies what opportunities will be provided to community members at the town hall forum. Community members will be able to ask questions about the new health law and voice concerns about Covered California, not enroll in the program.

Congressmen and state senators will converge at Cal State Long Beach Friday to help host a free informational town hall forum about the Affordable Care Act.

Covered California, a health insurance marketplace that offers and helps pay for health insurance policies, is sponsoring the event, which will be held at The Pointe in the Walter Pyramid. Covered California was created through the Affordable Care Act.

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D- Calif.), Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D- Calif.) and U.S. Rep. Alan Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) are expected to be in attendance, as are state Sens. Ricardo Lara (D-Bell Gardens) and Roderick D. Wright (D-Inglewood).

Assemblywoman Bonnie Lowenthal (D-Long Beach) and Long Beach Mayor Bob Foster are also expected to attend the event.

According to Jon Amar, Alan Lowenthal’s legislative aid and deputy press secretary, the aim of the town hall is to help clear up common misconceptions and confusion surrounding the Affordable Care Act.

“The purpose of the town hall is to give an update of where Covered California is in the outreach and education process,” Amar said. “A lot of people seem to just not know what the Affordable Care Act is. They’re not sure what it means to them and what they are going to get out of it.”

The forum will also give community members an opportunity to ask questions about the new health law and voice any concerns about Covered Caifornia,  according to Amar.

Amar said that people who don’t qualify for Medi-Cal and don’t have insurance must buy coverage through Covered California. There are no costs to enter the marketplace, but there is a cost to buy coverage.

Covered California’s goal is to reach out to the more than 5 million Californians who are currently uninsured, according to its website.

The town hall will be held at The Pointe at the Walter Pyramid from 2:30 to 4 p.m. Friday.

com to the Pioneer Woman, there have been a lucky few that have found commercial success
    through writing about their craft online. Using photos, your cat’s antics, and a blogging
    platform, you can create a blog that honors your cat and amuses its readers.
    Local customers search online – There are many people that will
    go on the internet to help them find local businesses.

The square jawed hero first says to the computer “Everything I tell you is a lie. “Wool” was first released in July 2011 and was at first a self-published short story. Most of the writers are on the who’s who list of science fiction writers.