Blotter: Feces found on a wall at McIntosh Humanities building stairwell

University Police responded to a report at 2:22 p.m. on Monday that there were feces on the walls and windows between the third and fifth floors of the McIntosh Humanities building, according to University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin.

From the look of the mess, someone seemed to have soiled him or herself, having left a pair of underwear in the puddle of feces, said the lead custodian, who did not want to be named.

A cleanup crew from Facilities Management arrived shortly after the incident was reported, Goodwin said.

The lead custodian said it took him and another custodian about an hour to thoroughly clean and disinfect the area. It was unclear if the mess was an accident or done on purpose, the lead custodian said.

No official police report was filed, Goodwin said.

Bicycle stolen from the Psychology building

University Police responded to a bicycle theft from the bike racks north of the Psychology building at noon on Monday, Goodwin said.

Goodwin said that the bicycle was secured with a cable lock, registered and valued at $150.  A police report was filed, he said.

Smoke rises from trash can near the Pyramid

University Police responded to a report at 8:03 p.m. on Oct. 16 of “heavy smoke” coming from a trash can located on the south side of the Walter Pyramid, Goodwin said.

The smoke seemed to have come from a cigarette left in the trash can and was extinguished with water, Goodwin said.

Man reports wallet stolen from Parking Lot 17

University Police responded to a report by a man at 4:03 p.m. on Oct. 17 who stated that he lost his wallet last week in Parking Lot 17, Goodwin said.

According to Goodwin, the man said he was making the report a week later because his credit cards were being used.

An official police report was filed, and the theft is under investigation, Goodwin said.

Weights thrown at former Frog’s gym next to the Pyramid

Officers responded to a report of loud banging coming from the former Frog’s gym next to the Walter Pyramid on Sunday at 12:25 p.m., Goodwin said.

According to Goodwin, someone was throwing weights.