Blotter: Man arrested for assault at the Social Sciences and Public Affairs building

Todd Johnson

Alyami Raed Saeed was arrested for assaulting a man at the Social Sciences and Public Affairs building on Friday.

Advertisement - SNO Ad Network

Alyami Raed Saeed was arrested for assaulting a man at the Social Sciences and Public Affairs building at 10:48 a.m. on Friday, University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin said.

Saeed, 24, was placed under citizen’s arrest by the victim after Saeed grabbed him to fight, Goodwin said.

University Police released Saeed and cited him for battery, he said. A police report was filed, Goodwin said.

Woman disrupts business at Brotman Hall

Officers responded to a noise complaint of a woman being disruptive at Brotman Hall at 1:21 p.m. on Friday, Goodwin said.

Goodwin said the woman has a history of being disruptive.

Officers searched for the woman and found her by the Lyman Lough fountain at the Maxson Plaza, Goodwin said.  He said the officers warned and advised her not to be disruptive again.

Black Acura Integra stolen from Parking Structure 3

University Police responded to a report of a 1995 Acura Integra that had been stolen from Parking Structure 3 at 10:17 p.m. on Nov. 6, Goodwin said.

The car was black with a faded roof and hood, he said. A police report was filed, he said.

Green mountain bicycle stolen from Liberal Arts, Brotman Hall racks

University police responded to a report of a green mountain bike stolen from the bicycle racks between Liberal Arts buildings 4 and 5 at 3:31 p.m. on Nov. 7, Goodwin said.

The bicycle was valued at $150, Goodwin said.