Drunk Beachside resident reported “throwing things” at RA, hitting a car while fleeing

University Police received a report at 11:40 p.m. on Nov. 23 that a Beachside College resident was drunk, yelling and “throwing things” at a Resident Assistant, University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin said.

The resident, along with a friend, fled in a car before crashing into another parked car in the resident parking lot, Goodwin said.

Goodwin said the damages to the parked vehicle were handled in a civil manner, so expenses to repair the damage will be covered.

Silver Apple laptop, charger stolen from Hillside College

A silver Apple laptop and charger were reported stolen from a dorm room at Hillside College at 8:28 a.m. on Nov. 28, Goodwin said.

Goodwin said that the Hillside College resident told University Police that his dorm room was “broken into.”  University Police took a report, Goodwin said.

Radio stolen from 1996 Ford Ranger in Parking Structure 2

University Police responded to a report that a radio was stolen from a green 1996 Ford Ranger at 3:58 p.m. on Nov. 24 in the Parking Structure 2, Goodwin said.

Goodwin said that the car’s battery had also been tampered with.  A report was taken, Goodwin said.

Transient man “grabbed and shoved” woman at Whaley Park

A woman reported that a homeless man “grabbed and shoved” her at Whaley Park on Atherton Street at 1:56 p.m. on Nov. 22, Goodwin said.

Goodwin said that the woman told University Police the man was in his tent when he came out and assaulted the woman at the flood control channel.

University Police, who arrived at the scene before the Long Beach Police Department, do not know why the man approached her, Goodwin said.  LBPD handled the report, he said.

$800 MacBook taken from the Hillside College dining hall

A student reported that her white, 13-inch Apple MacBook was stolen from the Hillside College dining hall at 7:45 p.m. on Nov. 26, Goodwin said.

The student left her bag, which contained her MacBook, in the shelves near the dining hall entrance between 6 and 6:30 p.m., Goodwin said.

A report was filed, he said.