Blotter: Traffic incident in Parking Structure 2

University Police responded to a call about a disturbance in Parking Structure 2 at 9:56 a.m. on Tuesday, University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin said.

A male was screaming at a female for allegedly opening her car door onto his vehicle, Goodwin said. He said he was unsure whether or not they were students.

The female had already left the scene by the time University Police arrived, Goodwin said. She was later found on the first floor of the structure with some damage to her car. When officers asked the female if the damage was caused as a result of her opening the car door onto the male’s car, she denied it, Goodwin said.

University Bookstore receives counterfeit bills

University Police got a call at 1:27 p.m. from the University Bookstore on Monday about two counterfeit bills, Goodwin said. It was a $20 bill and a $10 bill, he said.

The bookstore received the fraudulent bills on Friday, March 14, Goodwin said. Employees discovered the counterfeit bills while looking through the money later in the day, he said. Goodwin said he is unsure whether the bills came from the same person.

Grand theft in University Bookstore

A laptop and iPad, worth at a total of $1,731.19, were reported stolen at 2:52 p.m. from the University Bookstore on Monday, Goodwin said.

The items, which may have belonged to an employee, were stolen sometime last week from the bookstore office, he said.

Student’s bicycle stolen

A bicycle was stolen from the bike racks near the Liberal Arts building 1 bus stop on Monday, Goodwin said. The bike’s owner said he had secured his bicycle using a cable lock before going to class, but when he returned it was gone, Goodwin said.

The bicycle was a light blue Gary Fisher Triton racing bicycle with a white seat and handle, he said. The theft occurred sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 12:15 p.m., Goodwin said.

Vandalism at Blair Field

University Police responded to a call about “malicious mischief” at Blair Field on Friday at 8:27 a.m., Goodwin said.

Banners had been torn and moved from their poles in the outfield to left field, he said. There are no suspects, Goodwin said.