Bar fight at Poor Richard’s

A fight broke out in the parking lot of Poor Richard’s Bar on Tuesday at 1:43 a.m., University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin said.

University Police helped the Long Beach Police Department arrest two males who were allegedly involved in the fight, Goodwin said. University Police officers arrested both suspects, he said.

One male, 32, was cited and arrested on a traffic warrant, Goodwin said. The other male, 35, was booked at the Long Beach City Jail on a $50,000 failure to appear for a traffic bench warrant, he said.

Non-student arrested on campus

A non-student was arrested on campus Monday afternoon near the Visitor Information Center, Goodwin said.

The suspect was a 34-year-old white male who was talking to himself and walking toward the Nursing building when University Police stopped him, Goodwin said.

Officers arrested the man on an unknown warrant, Goodwin said. He was taken to Long Beach City Jail, he said.

University Police assist with disturbance call at VA Hospital

University Police was called by the Veteran’s Administration Hospital on Saturday at 9:18 p.m. to assist with a potentially violent patient, Goodwin said.

The patient, who was in the emergency room, looked like he was ready to fight the officers in the hospital, Goodwin said. University Police came to the scene and helped with the disturbance, he said.

Two bicycles stolen in one day

A student’s bicycle was stolen near the bicycle racks between the University Police station and the Student Recreation and Wellness Center on March 19 between 5:50 and 7:22 p.m., Goodwin said. The black and grey Trek Bicycle was secured using a combination lock, he said.  The estimated loss is $400, and there are no suspects, Goodwin said.

Another bicycle was reported stolen on March 19 near Beachside College, Goodwin said. The bicycle is described as a beach cruiser, registered on file with University Police, he said. The estimated loss is $500, and there are no suspects, Goodwin said.