Blotter: Two students arrested on campus by LAPD

Two Cal State Long Beach students were arrested by the Los Angeles Police Department near the Engineering and Computer Science building on April 16 at around 2:23 p.m. for a grand theft, University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin said.

The case is not connected with the university, and the LAPD’s investigation is ongoing, Goodwin said.

Repeat offender arrested on warrant

University Police arrested Steven Davis at the University Police Department for a warrant connected to an alleged “bus violation,” Goodwin said. Davis, a non-student, was taken into custody and brought to Long Beach City Jail on misdemeanor and infraction charges, Goodwin said.

Davis also has past felony charges for theft, Goodwin said.

On Jan. 15, University Police arrested Davis as he was allegedly stealing a bike near Parkside College, according to a University Police press release. Davis was also a suspect in an earlier bike theft, and in both cases Davis had burglary tools in his possession, according to the press release.

A felony complaint was also filed against Davis on Jan. 17 by the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office for felony theft and possession of burglary tools, according to the press release.

Two bicycles stolen near dorms

A student’s mountain bike last seen secured to the bike racks in front of Parkside on April 17 was reported stolen, Goodwin said.

The bike, a green and white Genesis, has an estimated value of $169, Goodwin said. There are currently no suspects, he said.

Another bike was stolen April 18 from the bicycle racks in front of Hillside College, between the Los Cerritos and Los Alamitos residence halls, Goodwin said.

The value of the bike, a white Schwinn road bike with skinny tires, is unknown, Goodwin said.  There are no suspects in this theft either, he said.

Vandalism in gender-neutral restroom

Graffiti was found in the gender-neutral restroom on the first floor of Fine Arts building 3, Goodwin said.

A custodian found the graffiti, left on the walls and mirror using a black marker, on April 17, Goodwin said. There are no suspects in the case, he said.

1. Pingback: Window 7 Tech | Daily 49er : Blotter: Two students arrested on campus by LAPD