College of the Arts appoints Brian Trimble interim director of UAM

The Cal State Long Beach University Art Museum announced the appointment of Brian Trimble as the interim director of the museum on Thursday. The university’s College of the Arts is currently conducting an international search for a permanent UAM  director, according to a press release from the museum.

This appointment will fill the office of museum director in the wake of former UAM Director Chris Scoates’ departure for a new position as director of the Cranbrook Academy of Art and Museum.

Trimble has worked with the UAM for the past eight years as curator of education. According to a press release from the UAM, Trimble is currently leading a project with the Getty Conservation Institute that will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the International Sculpture Symposium.

The UAM has indicated that Trimble is currently unavailable to comment on his appointment. More information to follow at www.daily49er.wpengine.com.

UPDATE:  UAM Public Relations and Marketing Coordinator Shefali Mistry said that the College of the Arts is anticipating Trimble’s appointment to last “anywhere from nine to 12 months” while the search for a permanent director is conducted.

The UAM is currently in the middle of a renovation project, which kicked off with a ground breaking event at the end of May.

The UAM is anticipating that the bulk of the renovation project will be primarily completed by the time fall semester begins on August 25. The front entrance and plaza should be ready for guests to use at that time.

“The cement is all poured, the walls are going up very quickly,”  Mistry said. “All that is left is electrical stuff, and they are going to plant some trees.”

Milton Chambers

Congratulations Brian! Keep up the good work.