Target hosts ‘After Hours’ event for Cal State Long Beach Students

The Target store located on Bellflower Boulevard and 23rd Street hosted an “After-Hours” shopping event on Saturday exclusively for Cal State Long Beach students. Students who moved into Cal State University Long Beach’s dorms earlier that same day had the opportunity to ride buses designated to take them to and from the event.

CSULB dorm resident assistant Todd Martinez took advantage of the event by going shopping. He said that he was buying extra stuff for people whom he manages at the dorms.

Besides shopping, the event offered other activities and goodies as well, such as dancing for small giveaways and snacks. There was a disc jockey playing music for students as they roamed around the store.

CSULB student and Target associate Jazer Torres helped manage a booth called “Stress-Less.” The booth gave away Excedrin, an over-the-counter headache and pain relieving drug, to students who wanted it.

“School is coming up,” Torres said. “A lot of studying puts a lot of stress on a lot of students, but Excedren helps take away migraines.”

According to Target’s website, the event is offered to 36 universities around the country in August and September as a part of “Welcome Week festivities.”

“The shopping event is a great way to welcome students to campus, help them meet new people and ease their transition to college life,” according to Target’s website. “Shopping events also provide students the opportunity to stock up on food and housing essentials they need.”