ASI lacks new business, continues animal cruelty resolution

With a lack of new business on the past weeks’ agendas, Associated Students Inc. advisors suggested that the ASI senate and board of directors start working on new resolutions during their weekly meeting on Wednesday.

ASI is now eight weeks into its meetings and for the first two weeks of the fall semester, ASI has not had any new business added to the agendas.

“I’m just concerned that we are now at meeting No. 8 and we’ve only had one resolution… it’s not really fit for us to have no new business on the agenda,” ASI Executive Director Richard Haller said. “Now is the time when you should start drafting resolutions to present to the board.”

However, Senator-at-Large Rick Payan has drafted a resolution against animal cruelty that he will show to the board once the drafting is finalized.

“It is connected to the students at large just the way it is worded, that the ASI should not support the sale of Sea World tickets,” Payan said.

“Being a college senator, you’d obviously write about issues concerning the students,” ASI Vice President Nayiri Baghdassarian said. “But it could also be something you notice on campus or something that could regard the students.”

ASI holds meetings once a week in the Dr. Stuart L. Farber Chambers on the second floor of the University Student Union every Wednesday at 3:30 p.m.

1. Pingback: ASI lacks new business, continues animal cruelty resolution | Rachel S. Keeney