Daily 49er Video, News

CSULB introduces Well-Rested Wednesdays

Students in need of a nap on hump day can head over to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center.

SRWC introduced Well-Rested Wednesdays this semester to help students get a quick break. If students are interested in using a hammock, they can simply go to the SRWC and lie down in the next available one.

“It’s a good opportunity for students to take a break and also revitalize,” Christopher Huebner, the outdoor adventures and wellness coordinator said. “Taking a nap [for] 20 to 30 minutes increases your focus.”

Students can cocoon themselves in one of five Eno single-nest hammocks every Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at Beach Balance. The dimly lit, lavender infused room is optimized for power naps.

“It’s not very often that I get to lay on a hammock, it’s a very unique experience,” Jennifer Ratanapratum, a junior nutrition and dietetics major said. “I’m going to come back every week and do it, if I have time.”

If students continue to come out for Well-Rested Wednesdays, the program might carry over to next semester, Huebner said.

“I would recommend it to people that just need a place to get away, literally,” Mabelle Theresa Denuna, a senior kinesiology major said whilst recovering from an all-nighter.