Sexual assault under investigation

Daily 49er Police Beat

Sexual assault under investigation

University Police are investigating a sexual assault case that occurred at the campus dorms on Friday, Goodwin said. The victim and the alleged attacker were both males and both lived in the same dorm. A public notice by police said that one student, “forcibly grabbed [the other student] for sexual gratification.” Police began its investigation after the victim reported the incident to university police on Sunday.

Stolen phone may have been located

A student reported his or her phone stolen at the Kinesiology building on March 18 at 5:15 p.m., Lt. Richard Goodwin of the University Police said. The victim the phone was lost a week before he or she sent the report, but the “Find My iPhone” app helped track down the stolen or lost smart phone. The student discovered an address where the phone is located. Goodwin said that police could not arrest the suspect unless that person and the phone are on campus.

Cars park outside across of the Business building on campus. (Michael Ares | Daily 49er)

Possible license plate theft

A student reported his front license plate stolen from his vehicle while parked in Lot 11A at 2:45 p.m. on Monday, Goodwin said. The student described his car as a burgundy 2013 Honda Civic. The student said he noticed additional damage to his front bumper. No suspects have been identified.

Despite have a lock, a bike stands unattended outside of the Kinesiology building on Tuesday. (Michael Ares | Daily 49er)

Bike theft at Engineering Building

A student reported his bike stolen from the bike racks outside the Vivian Engineering Center 7 p.m. on March 23. Goodwin said that the theft occurred between 11 a.m. and 6:55 p.m. and the victim used a cable lock to secure his bike. The bike is a single-speed red Scattante Americano and is valued at $199.99. University police have yet to identify any suspects.

Bike theft in front of Police Department

A student reported his bike stolen in front

of the University Police Department at 10:30 p.m. on Monday.  The bike is a grey and blue Fuji Roubix and is valued at $1400. University police have yet to identify any suspects.