Sexual assault at Hillside, petty thefts on campus

Sexual assault at Hillside

Lt. Goodwin of University Police said that a sexual assault was reported at the Hillside College housing last Wednesday. The reporting party said the event occurred on that day before 3 p.m.  A suspect was arrested and booked at the Long Beach Police Department jail. No other information was released, and the situation is currently under investigation.

This was the sixth sexual assault reported this semester.

Carving a marking

Goodwin said a vandal carved symbols into several trees around Lot 20 on Oct. 20. The reporting party said that the carvings appear to be Hebrew words.

Student suspected of threatening fellow classmates

A 17-year-old male was suspected of battery last Tuesday in the Education 2 building, Goodwin said. The male allegedly put his hands on students and verbally threatened them.  University Police later calmed him down.  No one was reported injured.

Up to no good on the hood

A student reported that a vandal in Lot 20 damaged his car on Friday. Goodwin said that the vandal jumped on the hood of the victim’s car and left a dent.  The victim said that the vandal left a note on the vehicle, but University Police did not have any more information on the note.

Petty thefts abound

Two students reported thefts in the Kinesiology men’s locker room Oct. 20, Goodwin said. The first victim reported that he left his black Jansport backpack on a bench, where it later went missing. Another victim later reported that his Samsung tablet, valued at $300, went missing from his locker.

A student reported a bike stolen Oct. 20 at the Parkside Commons. The victim described the bike as a black mountain bike with silver suspensions valued at $200. The theft occurred between 8 p.m. and 12:15 a.m. The bike was not registered with University Police and was not locked.

Another student reported his phone missing last Wednesday in the University Student Union.  There was no description of the phone, Goodwin said.