Nominees needed for Annual Advancement of Women Awards

Want to recognize someone for making strides in the advancement of women on campus? Nominate them.

The President’s Commission on the Status of Women at Cal State Long Beach is asking for nominations for the 14th Annual Advancement of Women Awards.

“PCSW awards are an important opportunity to recognize the daily work done by individuals and a community organization that support the advancement of women,” award committee chair Ebony Utley said. “Our nominees deserve much more than our recognition, but it is an essential acknowledgment of the tireless work of those who support women in our community.”

Nominations can highlight any woman or man in the campus community that actively contributes to the advancement of women.

Nominees should be someone making strides for women through scholarship, teaching, organizational work, community service or any other activity or achievement relative to the support of women at CSULB.

The PCSW will be presenting an award to a student, a staff member or administrator and a faculty member, and nominations can come from anyone.

The awards will be held on April 14 at the Spring Women’s Research Colloquium, and the nomination deadline is March 21.

To make a nomination, email Utley a completed nomination form at [email protected]. Forms are available at http://csulb.edu/org/women.