Top three things to know about parking

New license plate recognition parking permits:

Fall semester introduces a new parking permit that requires License Plate Recognition (LPR) technology implemented campus-wide.

This new type of virtual permitting will not require a physical permit to display. Students who buy the semester pass can now register more than one license plate under the same purchased permit, as opposed to moving a physical permit car-to-car. Up to 7 license plates can be registered to the same permit but only one car can be present on campus.

In addition to the new parking permits, new parking pay stations have been installed around the parking lots that require students to enter their license plate number.

Students and visitors do not have to be limited by the four hour parking limit that was enforced on the meters and can now have the option of $7 all day parking and other time options.

Additional Parking:

Students can anticipate the horrid overflow of cars and parking-less parking lots during the first week of the semester. Luckily, overflow parking will be made available with free shuttle services for students with valid student/employee parking permits at the Greek Orthodox Church, less than a mile away from campus on 5761 E. Colorado St., Long Beach, 90814. The shuttle will leave 20 minutes past the hour and drop off students in front of the McIntosh Humanities Building on upper campus. The last shuttle will leave the MHB for the Overflow Lot at 6:50 p.m. during the first week.

Overflow parking will be available Aug. 22- Aug. 25 from 7 a.m.- 7 p.m.

Visit www.csulb.edu/parking or call 562.985.RIDE for more information.

Zimride:

It’s not exactly Uber, but if you’re looking for a ride, CSULB has partnered up with Zimride to make carpooling and transportation easier for students. Zimride finds a commuting partner in your area to split costs and gives you the option to be a driver or, if you’re simply looking to hitch a ride, a passenger. Users can add their commuting schedules and their asking price to individual profiles used to set up matches.
www.zimride.com/csulb