Sen. Ted Cruz is the least likely choice for 2016 presidential election

With over a dozen hopefuls for the republican nomination in the 2016 presidential election, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is the least likely to pull support from the GOP because of his overly conservative politics.

A telephone poll conducted by ORC International in April that surveyed 435 republicans found only 7 percent of potential voters in favor of Cruz—sixth place on the list of republican hopefuls led by Jeb Bush with 17 percent.

Deporting immigrants, denying climate change, fighting gun-control and opposing gay marriage are issues that may all seem consistent with republican agendas, but when they are being pushed by an uncompromising, right-winger like Cruz, they become issues of division rather than unity.

If a filibuster reading of “Green Eggs and Ham” as an attempt to stop the Affordable Care Act wasn’t example enough of Cruz’s stubborn time wasting, his leadership of a charge to shut down the government over immigration last year cements it further.

Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) commented on Cruz’s rally for a shutdown and demonstrates the GOP’s frustration with Cruz’s antics.

“You should have an end goal in sight if you’re going to do these types of things, and I don’t see an end goal other than just irritating a lot of people,” Hatch said, according to the Boston Globe in March.

Cruz is recently better known for his denial of climate change, which coincides with his constitutionalist crusade for fewer restrictions on the energy sector including oil and coal industries, according to the Washington Post in March.

While many republicans are in favor of smaller government and reduced restrictions on the private sector, the sections of the party that Cruz needs to win over— liberal and moderate republicans— do not favor his environmental ideology.

A survey released late last year by Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies found liberal republicans to be 71 percent and moderate republicans 74 percent in favor of regulations on carbon emissions. Additionally, the two groups averaged 65 percent believing that climate change is actually happening, which Cruz holds firmly is a ploy for government control.

Cruz has little chance at being Commander in Chief of anything. His single-minded approach to many of the country’s most pressing issues has locked him out of gaining the republican nomination— much less, the approval of the people.

Nonsense.Conservatives have had it with weak kneed candidates who stand for nothing.There will be NO “moderate”candidates on the GOP ticket this time around…we have done that and it does not work.America has become a far left dump.Only an unabashed conservative with libertarian leanings will undue the damage by the nearest thing to a communist we have ever had as President…