Letters to the Editor

Letter to the Editor

To be blunt, [the Rick Santorum] article is terrible. I thought perhaps I was reading someone’s disgruntled blog post. Then I scrolled down to the bottom and saw that Mr. Wachovsky is a graduate student and I thought, “Oh God, help us.”

And when I thought this in my mind the word “God” was capitalized because whether you believe in God or not, it is still a proper noun like Buddha, Bal, or Indra.

In case you are wondering Indra is a Hindu deity, Bal was a false god worshiped by the Gentiles in the Old Testament.

If you do not know who Buddha is please return to the ninth grade where your English teacher surely would have some corrections to make to your writing.

Everyone knows that Rick Santorum and his wife lost a child in ‘96. To dwell on it and criticize him for his behavior during that episode is not even childish because a child would never be so indecent. It is despicable.

Also, it might interest you to know that their behavior regarding that incident is in line with the recommendations of the American Pregnancy Association. They recommend spending time with the deceased child and even allowing your children to do the same if they are capable of understanding. I could link to my sources but you didn’t link to yours so I think I’ll follow suite.

I’m not even going to touch on how you demean a man and his family for belief in God because I don’t think you could take me seriously, which is unfortunate.

It’s unfortunate because it is possible to have a respectful, tolerant and open conversion about religion in America but when you speak hatefully the way that you did you close that door.

When you say, “I’m sorry Rick, but that ain’t our world.” You may want to look at the country you are speaking about a little closer. Go see what the predominant religious views of this country are. Learn how to speak respectfully about your fellow citizens. Have some tact. I say this all in an attempt at constructive criticism.

-Cady Roosevelt