Ready to rumble at The Beach

Blood will be shed, smeared and splattered all over the Walter Pyramid this Sunday as DG Boxing brings two rings and over 50 amateur champions to The Beach.

The event will feature a plethora of established amateur fighters and multiple Golden Glove champions throwing blows in back-to-back rings.

“There will be broken noses, cracked ribs and swollen eyes,” said DG Boxing owner David Gonzales. “My fighters are action fighters, we like to get in there and grind it out.”

The main event is a three headed monster that will include future professionals Anthony Wheaton, John Crispo and 11-year-old national champion Moises “Mighty Mo” Orozco matched up against opponents Gonzales calls the “best in California.”

“I looked out there for two years, for the guys I like,” Gonzales said. “I was looking for the best matches, and I found them. We are taking serious challengers. I want to make sure that everybody gets their money’s worth.”

The stage is set for these promising prospects to step under the bright lights and show Long Beach what they are made of.

“You are going to see a lot of heart out there,” Gonzales said. “These guys you are going to see are the next guys. They are hungry amateur fighters giving it their all, fighting for free, just to win and put on a good show. They’re not like some of these professionals handpicking their opponents, hanging out just for the payday.”

For many, the Walter Pyramid is the last stop before taking their skills to the professional ranks.

“This kid Crispo could be pro right now, I made him wait,” Gonzales said. “He is tough. He broke his nose one day and [still] fought the next day. [Crispo] is no joke.”

The main attraction and biggest star of the night still figures to be 75 pound champion Orozco. Orozco is a two-time national champion, received the Silver Gloves award and recently won the Ringside World Championships for the third year in a row.

“Mighty Mo is the number one kid in the country,” Gonzales said. “He recently won the Ringside Championships in Kansas City where he beat a bunch of fighters in four days. He has been the Ringside Champion since he was eight.”

The event will be Sept. 21 from noon to 5 p.m. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.

“I am doing a good thing here, and people will be doing a good thing by showing up and supporting,” Gonzales said.

down the pipe

This was a great boxing event. When is the next boxing event DG???? We want more!!!!!

good story rolando

i am so going to be there