Men's Golf, Sports

Men’s golf ties for seventh at OGIO-Santa Barbara Intercollegiate

The Long Beach State men’s golf team shot a 306 in Tuesday’s final round of the OGIO-Santa Barbara Intercollegiate at Sandpiper Golf Club in Santa Barbara to tie for seventh-place.

LBSU completed the two-day, 54-hole tournament in a tie for seventh-place at 37-over par 901.

Oregon claimed the team championship with a 12-under, winning by a comfortable 27 strokes over second-place and tournament host UC Santa Barbara (+15).

Junior Kevin Roy was the top player for LBSU, shooting a final round 76 to tie for 10th place at 3-over 219.

Sophomores Raymond Ho and Kevin Lim tied for 25th at 10-over 226. Ho carded a 76, while Lim finished with a 79.

Fellow classmate Philip Chian (+16) and Benjamin Lein (+33) tied for 52nd and 85th respectively.

Daniel Miernicki and Jack Dukeminier of Oregon shared the individual title with a 4-under 212, winning by one-stroke over two players tied for third.

The 49ers will return to action on Monday, April 11 in Beaumont for the Braveheart Classic hosted by UC Riverside.