Men's Golf, Sports

LBSU men’s golf coach resigns

Long Beach State men’s golf coach Ryan Ressa has announced his resignation Tuesday after guiding the 49ers for the past year and a half. Ressa is leaving to pursue a career with TaylorMade Adidas Golf.

“The decision to leave this team, the Long Beach State community and this profession was a very difficult one,” Ressa said. “I feel great about the future of this golf program and what these young men have in front of them. Vic Cegles, Jamie Mulligan and the rest of the Long Beach State community are amazing people and I feel blessed to have had the time with them. I am extremely excited to begin this new venture with the TaylorMade Adidas Golf company.”

Long Beach State Athletics Director Vic Cegles also issued a statement regarding Ressa’s resignation.

“We wish Ryan all the best in his new endeavor and appreciate his accomplishments in such a short period of time,” Cegles said. “I am confident we will find the leadership to continue the pursuit of national recognition and a top 25 NCAA program.”

A search for a replacement will begin immediately.