Former LBSU basketball stars shining abroad

Fitting in

James Ennis was traded from the Miami Heat to the Memphis Grizzlies on Nov. 10. Since then, the 2013 Big West Player of the Year has played a total of three minutes, attempted one shot, grabbed one rebound, snatched one steal and has failed to score a single point.

Making it in China

Former-Philadelphia 76er Casper Ware made the move to China in September. His new team, the Tianjin Steel, is currently in last place with a 1-10 record, but Ware leads his team with 4.6 assists per game and ranks second, behind former-NBA player Jordan Crawford, with 22.2 points per game.

Lin Chang, who played two seasons at LBSU from 2009-11, is in his second season at Jiangsu Nangang Dragons Nanjing. The Chinese forward is averaging 12.8 points and 6.2 rebounds per game. He is also teammates with former No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden.

Brand new pros

One year removed from dominating the Big West from 2011-14, Mike Caffey, the No. 6 all-time leading scorer at LBSU, is averaging 16.1 points, 5.1 assists and 5.0 rebounds per game on Hungary’s Fortress Jaszbereny.

Meanwhile, last season’s Big West honorable mention David Samuels is off to a rocky, 1-3 start with his new club, Enosis Neon Paralimni, in Cyprus.

Fish, chips and basketball

The No. 5 all-time leading scorer at LBSU, T.J. Robinson, made a move to England’s Sheffield Sharks this season. Robinson is averaging a double double through nine games this year; he leads the Sharks with 10.7 rebounds per game and ranks second with 17.7 points per game.

Playing baloncesto

Ex-49ers Eugene Phelps and Edgar Garibay are plying their trade, and doing it well, south of the border. Phelps, a member of the last LBSU team to make it to the NCAA Tournament in 2012, is nearly averaging a double-double with 9.4 rebounds and 16.9 points per game in Mexico’s Fuerza Regia Monterrey. In similar fashion, Garibay is averaging 9.3 rpg and 16.3 ppg on Gigantes Edomex Toluca.