Campus, Long Beach, News, Uncategorized

Concerts at the Beach

Cal State Long Beach will be hosting its first annual “Concerts at the Beach” during the months of July and August, according to a press release.

The events will be sponsored by the CSULB Alumni Association and will be held at the Legacy Courtyard in front of the kinesiology building.

The schedule and acts for the concerts are as follows:

Friday, July 9- Stone Soul

Stone Soul is known for their Motown style and for performing music by artists such as Stevie Wonder, The Temptations, and James Brown.

Friday, July 16- Tommy Tassi and the Authentics

Tommy Tassi and the Authentics have a notable spirit and energy, while recreating the music of artist from the ‘50s and ‘60s.

Friday, August 6- The Emperors

The Emperors have performed as the opening act for the Rolling Stones, Steely Dan, and The Righteous Brothers. They create their own renditions of songs by the Eagles, Chicago and the Doobie Brothers.

Friday, Aug. 13- Mo50

Mo50 will cover current and past rock-n-roll hits with classic songs from The Beatles, Elton John, Coldplay and Train.

There will also be a raffle, with prizes donated from local businesses including hotels, restaurant gift certificates, wine tastings and theatre tickets.

The proceeds from the drawings will be donated to the CSULB Alumni Association which supports CSULB students through the Alumni Grant program.

This year, the Alumni Association gave out a total of $49,792.16 in grants to CSULB students.

Gates for the event will open at 6:30 p.m. and the concerts will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets for the event are $35 per person and include reserved table seating.

Attendees are encouraged to bring their own picnic dinners or pre-order a dinner online which can then be picked up at concert. Additionally, alcoholic beverages will be available to purchase for those 21-years-old and up.

Tickets can be purchased on the CSULB Alumni Association website at http://web.csulb.edu/alumni/events/concerts.html or by calling (562) 985-7022.