Arts & Life, Events, Features

Long Beach coffee shops open late at night

Night owls, insomniacs and graveyard shifters of Long Beach, it’s no secret that you’re shut out of many popular establishments because of the hours you keep. Now, just because you prefer the moon to the sun, fellow nocturnals, shouldn’t mean you’re not able to grab a tasty cup of coffee or a hot meal. But fear not, night people, for here is a list of places that keep their doors open into the wee hours, if not until the break of dawn.

1.The Library Coffee House: The coolest coffee shop that you’ve never been to. Cavern-like with uber-comfy seats and stacks on stacks of colorful books, The Library is the perfect hideaway for late-night study sessions or bookish insomniacs.

3418 East Broadway

Long Beach, CA 90803

Hours: Monday-Friday 6 a.m. to midnight, Saturdays and Sundays 7a.m. to midnight

2. Simone’s Donuts: A classic. Yes, Simone’s has the run-down, downtown donut shop aesthetic. And yes, you can hear the freeway from your plastic scoop seat. But the charm from the staff and the perfect selection of donuts will keep you coming back.

6400 E Stearns St.

Long Beach, CA 90815

Hours: Open 24 hours

3. Yard House: Just delicious. Yards of beer? Onion fries? Creamy pasta dishes? Fresh fish? Although Yard House is on the pricier side, it’s outside, in-the-harbor seating and quick service make it a great spot to eat a lovely meal then hibernate at the

bar.

401 Shoreline Village Dr.

Long Beach, CA 90802

Hours: Monday-Thursday and Sundays 11 a.m. to midnight, Fridays and Saturdays 11a.m. -1 a.m.

4. Roscoe’s House of Chicken and Waffles: Because it’s Roscoe’s. If you’ve never been to Roscoe’s Chicken and Waffles, drop the paper, skip your next class and drive there immediately. A home-cooked plate, quenching sweet tea and more awaits. You’ll just have to see for yourself.

730 East Broadway

Long Beach, CA 90802

Hours: Monday-Wednesday and Sundays 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Thursdays 8am to midnight, Fridays and Saturdays 8 a.m. – 2:30 a.m.

5. Auld Dubliner: A place to meet your future spouse. The Auld Dubliner is able to be a take a pub-chain and create an authentic vibe that makes you sit at the wooden, Guinness-stained bar until closing. Humans walk into the ol’ AD and become nicer people. You’re bound to meet someone, a lifelong friend or partner. So you know, that’s nice.

71 South Pine Ave.

Long Beach, CA 90802

Hours: Monday-Friday 11 a.m. – 2 a.m., Saturdays and Sundays 8 a.m. – 2 a.m.

6. Hiccups Tea House: An appetizer mecca. Need a fancy, late night snack and don’t want to pay eight bucks for it? Hiccups provides the appetizer list that you dream about. Drag some friends out of their apartments or dorm rooms and order some garlic fries, crispy tofu bites and calamari for the whole table. And don’t forget the tea.

1946 North Lakewood Blvd.

Long Beach, CA 90815

Hours: 11 a.m. to midnight