Entertainment and Media highlighted in the Industry Spotlight Series

Blizzard Entertainment, Live Nation, United Talent Agency; all of these businesses and more will be present at the Career Development Center’s Media and Entertainment Industry Spotlight Series on Thursday from 3-5 p.m. at Brotman Hall 250.

“This is the second time we have done media entertainment as part of the series,” said Daniel Carlos, Internship and Job Development Specialist at the CDC. He and his colleague, Michelle Gomez, planned the event and invited the participating companies.

“The reason we brought it back is [because of] the demand and the interest that we know students have,” Carlos said. “That’s the whole point of our industry spotlights, to ‘spotlight’ those industries that don’t get the type of attention at things like job fairs.”

Students of all departments are encouraged to come and network with representatives of some major employers in the entertainment industry. One of the guest speakers will be a Manager of Public Relations for Blizzard Entertainment, a video game developer and publisher based in Irvine.

“Blizzard will be talking about how they start to promote a new video game that is coming out and what that looks like from beginning to end,” Carlos said.

A manager of Talent Acquisition for Live Nation and the chief administrative officer for United Talent Agency will also be on hand to talk about what role talent agents play in the entertainment industry.

Unfortunately, if you have not yet RSVP’d for the event, you will not be able to sit in on the presentation these companies have prepared as the list filled with students very early on. What students can still be a part of is the networking mixer that will follow.

“Having the open Q&A and the networking mixer is going to be a unique experience for our students,” Carlos said. “Game Show Network is working on revamping a new internship program, so their [sic] HR reps are going to be here to talk our students about that.”

The mixer will be a great opportunity for CSULB students looking to get their foot in the door as well as for the potential employers listed above who, according to Carlos, seem to be looking to hire right away.

“I think the element of hearing from people who are in the industry right now, getting their insight on what they see is successful and what is changing in the industry [will be of value to students],” he said.

For more information about the event visit careers.csulb.edu.