Blog

In the mood for food: The Deli News

The Deli News is a mom and pop restaurant on the corner of Stearns Street and Bellflower Boulevard that offers well-priced meals, good vibes and a terrific selection of Italian food from pizza to pasta.

You can get a 14-inch pizza with one topping for $5 with a cup of soda for 79 cents! The small business only takes cash, but nearby banks include Chase and Bank of America.  

While I usually get the Chicken Tortellini with Alfredo sauce, I decided to try something new. I asked Racha D’Angelo, one-half of The Deli News owners, what shrimp dish she would recommend. Fettuccine Seafood Marinara pasta it was!

The D’Angelos are wonderful restaurant owners and always happy to engage in conversations with their guests. The restaurant is usually filled with students and families. I must warn you, the space is limited during lunch hour, especially with the pick-up order customers bustling in and out of the place.

Fettuccine Seafood Marinara

I expected the Fettuccine Seafood Marinara to have less grease and more types of seafood besides shrimp. It was delicious with a sweet flavor to the salty dish nonetheless. The dish was also very filling and enough to save the other half for later. I just knew I had to hit the gym later that day to burn those carbohydrates.

Peanut butter-filled cookie

The coconut and peanut butter filled cookies are so popular and incredible that they often run out by afternoon. I was lucky enough to have one of those soft and rich peanut butter cookies.

The Deli News provides a delicious and affordable fix for anyone craving Italian food. Leave your Ragu cans at home, and get an affordably good meal.

The Deli News is open Mondays through Fridays from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.