Blog

Study shows men don’t have as many sexy thoughts as we thought

Men think about sex much less than what was originally thought, according to a recently published study from Ohio State University.

The study asked 283 students to keep track of how often they had sexual thoughts, as well as thoughts of food and sleep for a week.

ABC News reports that the study found men thinking about sex about 19 times a day or around once every hour.

That’s a whole lot less than the every seven second rule usually reported of the male’s thought pattern on sex.

Lead author of the study and psychology professor Terri Fisher said the findings of the study were important because they “set the record straight.”

“What we found was so far away from this strongly held stereotype,” said Fisher. “For men to grow up being told that men think about nothing but sex, I think, is discrediting toward men.”

Fisher conducted the study as part of her human sexuality class, in which participants included both men and women.

Women reported thinking about sex an average of 10 times a day. 

When it came to food, men reported 19 times a day, while women reported the thought 15 times a day. Sleep came about 11 times for men and 8 times for women.

The study does confirm that men think about sex more then women, but not by much.

So ladies, the next time he can’t  have the motor running, it’s not you, it’s not the alcohol, and it’s not because he’s had a long day. He’s just not as big of a pervert as you thought he was!