“All-Seeing Eye” tagged on elevator doors

University Police responded to a vandalism call at the old library east building – as described by University Police – on upper campus, regarding graffiti on the building’s elevator doors on Sept. 10, University Police Captain Scott Brown said. The graffiti took place overnight, Brown said. An image of the “all-seeing eye” was spray-painted on the elevator doors with the message “WE HERE” below it, Brown said. It is a common Masonic symbol, but it is not usually scribbled across campus, Brown said. There are no leads regarding the crime, and no information is known on the person(s) who vandalized the elevator, Brown said.

Public intoxication near campus

A man arrested for intoxication was seen walking westbound on Anaheim Street, swaying between the sidewalk and the street on Sept. 8, University Police Detective Rick Goodwin said. University Police contacted the man at 3:04 p.m., Goodwin said. The man was identified as 43-year-old non-student Enrique Ramirez, Goodwin said. Ramirez was transported to Long Beach City Jail, Goodwin said.

Road rage in the parking structures

A woman reported to University Police that a man in a vehicle was trying to hit her car as she tried exiting the parking structures on Sept. 11, Goodwin said. University Police reported to the scene at 3:49 p.m., but both vehicles were gone when they arrived, Goodwin said. No damage to either vehicle was reported, Goodwin said.

Theft at the Library

A female student reported to University Police at 6:16 p.m. on Sept. 10 that her property had been stolen, including an iPhone 4GS, a charger for the phone and $600 in cash, Goodwin said. The property was taken when she left the items unattended and unsecured, Goodwin said. The incident occurred on the first floor of the main library computer lab, Goodwin said. No witnesses were reported, Goodwin said.

Bike stolen by Outpost Grill

A BMX bike was stolen from the bike racks located on the east side of the Outpost Grill between 7 and 9:20 p.m., Goodwin said. The incident was reported to University Police at 9:33 p.m. on Sept. 10, Goodwin said. The bike was gold and valued at $600, Goodwin said. There is no information on the person(s) who took the bike, Goodwin said.