Vandalized vehicle found with smashed rear window

University Police received a report for a vandalized car in lot 11B, next to the Student Recreation and Wellness Center and Parking Structure 2, on Sept. 12 at 5:00 p.m., Detective Sergeant Rick Goodwin said. The female student reported the rear window of her red 2006 Scion had been smashed out, Goodwin said. No suspect information was reported, Goodwin said.

Locks cut at VEC

The locks to room 218 at the Vivian Engineering Center were reported to be cut on Sept. 14 at 8:07 a.m., Goodwin said. Nothing was reported stolen, and police are waiting for a phone call from possible victim(s), Goodwin said.

Police question car burglary

University Police received a call for a possible car burglary at Beachside College on Sept. 12 at 3:07 p.m., Goodwin said. The possible burglary took place between 1:10 and 2:00 p.m., Goodwin said. The door and the glove box were found open when police arrived at the vehicle, Goodwin said. Police are waiting for a possible victim to come forward to see if the car was actually burglarized, Goodwin said. No vehicle description was given.

Student found smoking in dorms

University Police responded to a marijuana complaint at Hillside College on Sept. 13 at 10:40 p.m., Goodwin said. A male student, 21, was smoking marijuana in room B102, Goodwin said. The student was cited by campus police, Goodwin said.

Property stolen from art museum

A female student, 19, reported her personal property stolen on Sept. 14 at 9:52 a.m. at the University Art Museum, Goodwin said. The student reported her debit card and a total of $18 were taken, Goodwin said. No suspect information was reported, Goodwin said.