Blotter: Small dog left alone in car

A small dog was left in a car in Parking Structure 3 at 2 p. m. on Sept. 12, according to University Police Capt. Christopher Schivley. The dog was located in a Pontiac Grand Prix with no water but was not in danger, Schivley said.  Officers found and advised the owner of the car not to leave animals inside vehicles, Schivley said.

Students forgets location of parked car

A student reported his dark grey Toyota Camry missing from Parking Lot 14 at 4 p.m. on Monday, Schivley said. University Police found the car, determining that it had not been damaged, according to Schivley. The car had not been stolen; the student just forgot where he parked the car, Schivley said.

Loud banging from Fine Arts 2 building disturbs neighbor

A Bixby Hills neighborhood resident reported loud banging at the Fine Arts 2 building at 12:42 a. m. on Monday, Schivley said. Officers found a student working on an art project in the building, and she was banging on a kiln, a furnace usually used for pottery, in the ceramics area, Schivley said.  The student stopped making noise after University Police approached her about it, Schivley said.

Suspect vandalizes table, planter at Education 2 building

A faculty member reported that a wrought iron table and terra cotta planter on the patio of Education 2 building were broken at 1:30 p. m. on Sept. 12, according to Schivley. The faculty member said the damaged table was valued at $400, according to Schivley. He said University Police has identified suspects in the case but that the investigation is ongoing.

Phone stolen from University Student Union

A student reported her phone stolen from the University Student Union at 3:33 p.m. on Monday, Schivley said.  The student said she left her bag on the floor in USU Room 303 and put her grey Samsung Galaxy S III phone on top of it at 2 p. m., Schivley said.  When she returned 45 minutes later, her phone was gone, Schivley said.