Blotter: Man cited for screaming at woman, damaged her car

Officers responded to a man who was screaming at a woman and hitting her car in Parking Lot 16 on Friday at 12:13 p.m., Goodwin said.

According to Goodwin, the man slapped the roof of her green, four-door car and kicked and dented her front wheel fender.

When officers spoke with the woman, she said that he did not harm her, Goodwin said.

Goodwin said that the man was cited for “disturbing the peace” and “engaging in behavior likely to endanger another student.”

Trophies stolen from George Allen Field

Fraternity members Kappa Sigma reported their trophies stolen from the George Allen Field on Saturday at 5:43 p.m., according to University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin.

The fraternity members said that they want their trophies returned and will not seek prosecution, Goodwin said.

“There’s a possibility here that it was a fraternity prank, but we’re not sure,” Goodwin said.

Goodwin said that the trophies are valued at $100.

Police pursuit stopped suspect at South Turnaround

University Police assisted California Highway Patrol (CHP) in arresting a suspect who was fleeing from police at the South Turnaround off of Seventh Street on Saturday at 2:14 a.m., Goodwin said.

Additional CHP units arrived and the suspect, Pham Rian, was arrested, Goodwin said.

$1,400 mountain bike stolen from Vivian Engineering Center

A $1,400 black Gary Fisher mountain bicycle with beige wheels was reported stolen from the Vivian Engineering Center on Friday at 10:28 p.m., Goodwin said.

The owner noticed the bicycle missing around 6:30 p.m., Goodwin said.

Goodwin said that the owner had secured the bicycle using a black cable Master Lock.

Man argues with parking officer over parking space

University Police responded to a verbal disturbance on Tuesday at 3:52 p.m. involving a man who was arguing with a parking officer over a parking spot in Lot 1, according to Goodwin.

According to Goodwin, the non-student had parked in a spot designated for state vehicle parking only and refused to move his car when parking officers told him to.

The man decided to move his car when police arrived, Goodwin said.

$600 phone stolen from University Library

A student reported that his $600 phone was stolen from the Library on Oct. 24 at 8:49 p.m., Goodwin said.

According to Goodwin, the student said the phone was taken between 9 and 9:30 a.m.  Goodwin said that the student checked the lost and found but the phone had not been recovered.

Goodwin said that the student’s brother tracked it to a local address.  The student filed a report, Goodwin said.