Drifters cited in campus parking structure

University Police investigated a suspicious vehicle making screeching sounds in Parking Structure 1 at 2:52 a.m. on April 24, said University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin said.

Officers stopped a black vehicle suspected of drifting and driving the wrong way on a ramp to the third level, he said.  The car was occupied by three people and the driver was given a traffic citation, Goodwin said.

$700 shoes stolen from unattended classroom

A $700 pair of Prada shoes was stolen from the College of Business Administration building, Goodwin said. University Police received the report from the victim at 7:11 p.m. on April 24, Goodwin said.

The victim claimed that she left the pair of shoes in a classroom unattended, and when she returned the shoes were gone, Goodwin said.

The victim requested the University Police “look at every single camera on campus to find the person who took them,” he said.

Subjects flee from police after fight

Two unknown subjects fled from University Police after a fight broke out in Parking Lot 3 on Friday, University Police Lt. Richard Goodwin said.

A witness called University Police at 8:25 p.m., but when officers arrived the subjects dispersed, Goodwin said. University Police took information from witnesses in the event that anyone involved decides to come forward, he said.

Suspicious man trying to steal bicycle gets away

A resident at Beachside College reported a suspicious man trying to steal a bicycle near Pacific Coast Highway on April 24 at 2:09 p.m., Goodwin said.

The suspect was described a white male in his 40s, Goodwin said. The man was last seen walking toward Ximeno Avenue with a black bag, he said.

University Police checked the surrounding area and shopping centers following the alleged theft attempt.  However, Goodwin said that they did not find anyone matching his description.

Grand theft in Parkside Dining Hall

A student’s backpack was stolen from the Parkside Dining Hall, Goodwin said. The backpack, which was stolen sometime between 6:40 and 7 p.m. on April 22, contained a MacBook Pro laptop and several notebooks, Goodwin said.

The backpack, containing items valued at about $1,100, was stolen from a cubbyhole while the victim was eating dinner, Goodwin said. There are no suspects, Goodwin said.

Beach Cruiser stolen

A white Schwinn beach cruiser was stolen near State University Drive and East Campus Drive, Goodwin said.

The victim filed a report with University Police at 9:57 p.m. on April 24, he said.  The bicycle was stolen between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 p.m., Goodwin said.  There are no suspects, Goodwin said.