Two Vehicles were burglarized on the same day

Two vehicle burglaries occurred on Friday between 2 p.m. and 3 p.m. at Cal State Long Beach, according to University Police. In each case, the front window of the vehicle was shattered and a purse was stolen from each car. One vehicle was a 2013 Cadillac, and the second was a 2004 Toyota. The Toyota was parked in Lot 3, and the Cadillac was parked in the Preforming Arts Center. University Police has indicated that they have no suspect information, but investigators are following up. A break in the case would likely come if the suspect attempts to use the debit cards from the stolen purses, according to Lt. Richard Goodwin.

A man was arrested for indecent exposure

Police received a call on Nov. 24 at 4:20 p.m. from a female student reporting a man “possibly in his 60’s with balding grey hair in a light colored t-shirt […] sitting in an grey/blue car, exposing himself.” Officers went to Beach drive at Bellflower Blvd. and found the man. Goodwin said there was sufficient evidence to charge him with indecent exposure.

The officers identified the man as Mario Perez Miranda. He is a registered sex offender. According to the Megan’s Law website, Miranda became a registered sex offender because of “lewd or lascivious acts with a child under 14.” His last reported status on Megan’s Law is “deported.” Goodwin said Miranda’s purpose for being on campus was providing transportation for his daughter, who is a CSULB student. Miranda was arrested following the incident.

Two laptops stolen last week were returned to owners

On Nov. 8, Anthony Ryan Kunkel was arrested after police received a call reporting a man matching his description walking around the Theatre Arts Building testing multiple door handles, according to a press release on the CSULB police department website. Police found Kunkel and his vehicle. After running his car plates, it was found that Kunkel was on probation for prior thefts, Goodwin said.

According to a press release on the CSULB police department website, Kunkel initially lied to officers about being on campus, but then later confessed to being on campus.

After searching the vehicle, police recovered two silver MacBook Pro laptops that had been stolen earlier that day. The also found pry tools, needle nose pliers, bolt cutters and other burglary tools, Goodwin said. Police arrested Kunkel and booked him at Long Beach City Jail.

On Nov. 14, police searched Kunkel’s residence for additional electronics, but the search did not yield any evidence, Goodwin said. Police are investigating Miranda’s involvement in other cases involving electronic theft on campus.

Man arrested for sexual battery

A female student was riding the CSULB shuttle bus on Nov. 20 and exited at the West Turnaround around 5 p.m. A thin male wearing a dark blue sweatshirt, jeans and a black backpack got off the shuttle as well, Goodwin said. The suspect took the woman’s phone, entered his number and then kissed her multiple times, Goodwin said. The victim called and reported the incident to the police and said she had seen him near the dance center.

Goodwin said police found the suspect, and the victim positively identified him on scene. She pressed changes, and he was booked at Long Beach City Jail on sexual battery charges. The suspect was identified as 19-year-old Caesar Lazarotax.