Woman harassed and assaulted

A man assaulted a female student in Parking Structure 1 at 6:15 p.m. on Jan. 22. Goodwin said that the man would not leave the woman alone as she walked to her car. He tried to prevent her from getting into her car and attempted to kiss her, Goodwin said.

“At some point, he put his hands around her neck, and it is not known whether or not force was applied,” Goodwin said.

Goodwin said the woman described the man as six feet tall with a thin build and spiky hair. The man was also reported to be wearing white shoes, a forest green shirt and a black backpack. Goodwin said that the man was “known to the victim.” Another person witnessed the incident and reported it to the police. University Police are investigating this incident.

Bike reported stolen during winter break

Lt. Richard Goodwin said that a bike was stolen near the hillside commons during winter break. The bike was taken some time between Dec. 13 and Jan. 19 and was reported to the police on Jan. 21. The owner described the bike as a black 21-speed Giant mountain bike. The owner estimated its value at $150. Goodwin said the bike was secured with a cable lock when it was stolen.

Alarms set off near the CBA

Goodwin said that University Police responded to an alarm set off at 11:54 p.m. on Jan. 23 at the Beachcart snack station across from the College of Business Administration. Police stopped three juveniles who were suspected of setting off the alarm as they walked to Parking Lot 3. Police detained them and contacted their parents. They were turned over to their parents later that night. Nothing was reported stolen.