Crime blotter: Harassment, stolen bicycle, drunk driving

Harassment reported

A 23-year-old female reported that she was verbally harassed by an unknown individual on campus. She reported the incident on Monday at 6:34 p.m to the campus police. The University Police took a report of the incident, but don’t have any description of the alleged assailant.

Suspected bike thief detained

Police arrested Darren John Bagely at a Beachside Residential College on Sunday at 1:22 p.m. Bagely was detained for being a suspect in recent bike thefts. He was seen observing the bike area. When he was detained by police he was found with bolt cutters and a hacksaw. Despite having the tools associated with bike theft, there was no evidence that he stole or attempted to steal any bikes.

Advertisement – (Story continues below)

twitters500-x500_

Bagely, who is not a student, was released but was banned from coming onto campus for seven days. If the police catch him on campus any time this week until Sunday, he can be arrested for trespassing.

Bicycle stolen near library

A 24-year-old student reported that his bike was stolen on Saturday at 5:06 p.m. The bike is a gray Eastern bike with 24-inch rims. There was no monetary value associated with the bike.

Woman arrested for DUI

Officers arrested a 23-year-old female after making a traffic stop on Friday at 11:04 p.m. at the intersection of Atherton Street and Studebaker Road. The female was suspected to be in a hit-and-run and had a blown-out tire.