Men's Basketball, Men's Volleyball, Sports

‘Niner Notes: Nov. 30

Men’s Basketball: Robinson earns conference weekly honor

Sophomore forward T.J. Robinson added a Big West Conference Player of the Week award to go with his 76 Classic All-Tournament Team recognition on Monday.

Robinson bucketed 60 points and snared 37 rebounds in three games at the Anaheim Convention Center, dropping 25 points and 13 rebounds in Sunday’s, 79-68, win over UCLA. He also had 25 points and 15 rebounds in an 87-79 loss to Clemson.

The West Haven, Conn. native shot 60.5 percent from the field and led the 76 Classic in scoring and rebounding.

The 49ers resume action Monday, Dec. 7 in Austin, Texas when they face No. 2 Texas. Tip-off is set for 6 p.m.

Women’s Volleyball: Lee snags first Big West Player of the Week award

Junior setter Ashley Lee was named the Big West Conference Player of the Week for Nov. 30, capturing the weekly award for the first time in her career.

Lee distributed 182 assists over four matches at the Mizuno Thanksgiving Tournament, averaging 11.38 per set, to go along with nine service aces and 21 kills. She led LBSU in hitting percentage with a .362 clip as the ‘Niners went 3-1 in the four matches.

The La Habra Heights native became the third 49er player to earn the weekly honor this season, joining Naomi Washington and Caitlin Ledoux.

The Beach faces No. 8-seeded UCLA on Friday at Pauley Pavilion in an NCAA first round match. First serve is scheduled for 8 p.m.