Long Beach State partners with The Aspire Group

Excited 49ers cheer with banners at the Long Beach State Men's Basketball game against San Diego State December 2015 in the Walter Pyramid.

Matthew Simon, Sports Editor

Long Beach State Athletics announced June 10 that it will be partnering with The Aspire Group to provide ticket sales and service support for all ticketed LBSU athletic events.

In the statement, LBSU announced that it will form an on-site Fan Relationship Management Center (FRMC) that will include one selling manager and one sales consultant.

“We are thrilled to partner with the Aspire Group to grow the Long Beach State fan base,”   Senior Associate Athletic Director for External Relations Rob Clarke said in the statement. “Building genuine relationships with our alumni and community are critical to growing a new generation of Beach Athletics fans and this partnership will enhance our ability to provide a first-rate, personalized experience for more supporters.”

With a global reach, LBSU is hoping the partnership will increase ticket sales across all sporting events with the help of highly trained employees.

“The Aspire group employees receive the best ticket sales and service training in the sports industry in the sports industry and this training is transferred into every partnership that we work with,” said Bill Fagan, Aspire’s SVP & GM of Fan Relationship Management. “We look forward to providing Long Beach State with a unique set of services that will provide the edge in achieving their goals in regards to ticketing.”

Tony Garrett, Aspire’s Regional Vice President of Fan Relationship Management, will oversee this  partnership.
With successful runs with the Memphis Grizzlies, Atlanta Hawks and New Orleans Pelicans at the professional level, Garrett was successful while at Tulane’s Athletic Sales, where he oversaw sell outs at the Green Waves’ Yulman Stadium.